|BSB directory||BSB Education||BSB lectures||BSB Mission||Patient Earth|
Want to Keep Earth Beautiful?
Our Earth - - Save Earth
About BSB - - Contact BSB
Global Air pollution
|Earth needs an environmental balance!||Search BSB|
Humans, animals, plants, air, soil and water get contaminated by chemicals
that are normally NOT found in that environment or NOT found in high volume
Earth's Air is polluted with volatile organic compounds|
Air is polluted with ammonia and radioactive materials
Air is polluted with ultra small particles
Air is polluted with sulfur dioxide - air polluted with nitrogen oxide
Air is polluted with Carbon monoxide - air overloaded with carbon dioxide
Air is polluted with lead, cadmium, copper + mercury
Air pollution is a major concern worldwide, and recent measurements in India, China and other countries highlighted limits being exceeded. Air pollution includes excess levels of ozone, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides and one of the most dangerous pollutants -- ultra small particles like PM2.5
FACT: Air polluted with volatile organic compounds
FACT: Air polluted with ammonia and radioactive materials
FACT: Air polluted with ultra small particles
FACT: Air polluted with sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide
FACT: Air polluted with carbon monoxide / dioxide
FACT: Air polluted with lead, cadmium, copper and mercury
Some effective steps to reduce such air pollution include:
1. Burn less fossil fuels e.g. use less petrol / diesel by driving less
2. Change over to more environmentally friendly vehicles and vehicles fueled by clean energy
3. Campaign to reduce coal fired power stations and replace them with electricity from renewable sources ( wind, solar, water)
4. Campaign to install fabric filters in cement kilns, de-nitration equipment in fossil fuel power plants, particle filters in waste burners
5. Conserve energy – remember to turn off lights, computers, and electric appliances when not in use. Use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.
6. Limit driving by carpooling, using public transportation, biking and walking. Combine errands for fewer trips.
7. Keep your automobile well tuned and maintained. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on routine maintenance, such as changing the oil and filters, and checking tire pressure and wheel alignment. Avoid excessive idling of your automobile.
8. Use electric or hand-powered lawn care equipment.
9. Be careful not to spill gasoline when filling up your car or gasoline powered lawn and garden equipment. Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when full.
10. Choose environmentally friendly cleaners.
11. Seal containers of household cleaners, workshop chemicals and solvents, and garden chemicals to prevent volatile organic compounds from evaporating into the air.
Indoor air pollution can be reduced by making sure that a building is well-ventilated and cleaned regularly to prevent the buildup of agents like dust and mold. Occupants would also be wise to remove any known pollutants and or irritants (aerosols, stringent cleaning supplies, etc.) whenever possible.
Outdoor air pollution exposures can be reduced by checking one’s Air Quality Index (AQI), avoiding heavy traffic when possible, and avoiding secondhand tobacco smoke.
How is air pollution linked to climate change?
While climate change is a global process, it has very local impacts that can profoundly affect communities, not the least of which is air pollution.
Increasing temperatures are directly linked to poor air quality which, in turn, can affect the heart and exacerbate cardiovascular disease. Examples of this may include a rise in molds and fungus, due to severe storms — both of which can worsen allergies and other lung diseases, such as asthma.
Scientists say an increasing rise in ozone levels are also a concern.
Pollutants are emitted in completely different ways,
all pollutants harm living organisms!
Air pollution is mainly emitted though the exhaust of motor vehicles, the combustion of fossil fuels, the burning of coal and oil.
Most of the pollution from coal burning on Earth, comes from the production of electricity.
How is pollution connected to this photo?|
Send us an email
BSB research clearly shows:
Air pollutants are linked to extreme rainstorms + hurricanes
These weather events are getting substantially worse.
The NEW Normal?
BSB pollution solutions
Water + land + soil polluted with mercury = food poisoning!
Mercury is causing brain damage!
Mercury kills people! Mercury makes you sick!
Mercury poisoning is connected to Alzheimer and Parkinson + ADD Attention Deficit Disorder in children.
Air pollution always contains mercury
Main reason: Coal-fired power-plants!|
Huge amounts of mercury are blown out by coal fired power plants and cement plants!
Filters could prevent mercury pollution!
Help us to fight this terrible pollution poisoning!
In addition to mercury coal fired power plants also emit radiation!
Get nuclear + radiation facts
BSB Nature preserve - -
- Join BSB|
Bear Springs Blossom Nature Conservation
International charitable nonprofit org.501(c)(3)
All rights reserved
Peter Bonenberger president
Marianne Bonenberger director of education
BSBNCG POB 63295 Pipe Creek 78063 TX USA
Earth's solar system - Earth's Moon - Earth's Atmosphere
Life on Earth - - Importance of the Gulf stream current
Quiz Earth Oceans 1 - - Bacteria - uncountable
Hear and feel the wonders of Earth
Keep Earth Beautiful
BSB tries to be as accurate as possible, but we are not responsible for broken or false links or misinterpretation
BSB was founded 2002 +
As a nonprofit organization, BSB is always grateful for donations in support of our mission.
|Fair Use Notice|
All material on 1000+ BSB web-pages is intended to advance understanding of the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of Nature conservation. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from our websites for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use," you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you are the owner of copyrighted material(s) appearing on this site, and wish it to be removed, please contact us directly.
- Why Earth has continents?
- Why Earth has earthquakes?
Maps of Earth
All about Earth
Climate Change Solutions
- Why is Earth sick?
Life on Earth
BSB Information on Earth:|
- Astonishing photos from Earth
Earth from Space
Earth's solar system
Info about NASA
Keep Earth clean
|BSB Information on Water:
Why Earth has water
The H in H2O
Power from Water
How to save water
Water + Energy
Water + Trees
Water journey 1
Thirsty for water
Water Drought article
- Why does all life on Earth depend on water?
- Why are the oceans salty?
- Why Water is a very special 'juice'?
- Humans can live without food for weeks, but
- without water we will die after 3 days.
- Why do Humans use huge amounts of water to produce electricity?
- Is salt-water more heavy?
- Why can water dissolve so many substances?
- Does water expand when it gets warmer?